Friday, May 7, 2010

Newfound Passion

OK, so I've noticed that most of my blog entries pertain more to my C25K adventures than they do to my Lap-Band surgery. I think that is because the Band is working the way it is supposed to. Most of the time, I forget I even have it. My new eating patterns have become habitual, and are now second nature. At my doctor's appointment this week, my surgeon was very pleased with my progress; he basically said, "keep up the good work, see you in six weeks." No news is good news, and thus nothing to blog about.

So, what is there to write about? My newfound passion. I love a good sweaty jog in the morning. I never, ever thought I would say that. But it is so true. Once you build a little endurance, which surprisingly doesn't take long, jogging feels great. My breathing is easier, and it feels good to work my legs. Finishing jogging feels even better. Like I'm on top of the world. Very easy to get hooked.

I've planned out a very challenging summer for myself. First, I am doing four 5K races. One walking, three running. I want to do a sprint triathlon in August, the Westchester Half Marathon in October, and the Disney Marathon in January. That means I have a very tight training schedule. Fortunately, I love training schedules. They represent order and structure to me. It's oddly comforting knowing how much and when workouts are going to be for the next 5 months. Even though those five months are going to kick my ass. LOL. I decided to go with Hal Higdon's Novice Marathon Training schedule. Right now, it looks pretty intimidating. But the C25K schedule looked impossible at first, too. But, I'm doing it. So here's to getting it done, and to having an awesome summer!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your progress. I too feel like my blog is less about the band because it's, thankfully, working like it should. (Knock on wood, no serious issues!)

    Good luck in all of your races!

    ReplyDelete