Friday, May 14, 2010

To 'Tri' or not to 'Tri'

I completed Week 7 of C25K yesterday. I would like to be faster, but I'm very happy with my endurance level. I figure I will get faster with each pound I lose. I jogged outside for the first time, and it felt so good. It's nice waving to other joggers and cyclists. It makes the treadmill feel like detention. LOL

So this summer looks to be more active than any in recent memory. 5K races, biking on trails, trips to the beach. It should be fun! I'm thinking about signing up for a sprint triathlon in September. I know I'm not ready for it now, and I would need to do some intense training over the summer to get ready. Even then, I'd probably come in last. But part of me really wants to do it. I'm going to mull it over for a few weeks...

I met my weight loss goal for the Mother's Day challenge. Now I'm on to the July 4th challenge. My goal is 25 lbs in eight weeks. I need to bump up the workouts and add more protein shakes to my diet to keep the weight loss momentum.

I feel really good about the progress I am making. I went "closet shopping" at my Mom's house and found jeans I havent been able to wear in at least 5 years. Now they fit me. Also, I found this Navy Blue suit I bought at Dress Barn many, many moons ago that I could never fit into. It still has the store tags on the sleeve. LOL. Well, I tried it on, and it is only slightly snug now. I couldn't believe it! Two more weeks, and I'm wearing that baby! At the very least, I'm wearing it to Mel's wedding on 6/26. Seeing progress makes me sooo happy. I read somewhere that weight loss is a byproduct of fitness. I really believe that. The Lap-Band helps me control my portions, but everything else is up to me, so I'm becoming a workout junkie! It's actually fun.

Well, that's it for now. Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment